File a Complaint
- Download a complaint form (PDF) to submit complaint and documentation by mail (Internet-related matters only)
- Submit a tip to the Bureau of Internet and Technology (BIT)
Please use this link to report any suspicious email, website, or online activity. Tips from the public often help us to identify emerging online issues, so we appreciate the information that you provide. Due to the high volume of information that we receive, we are unable to reply to every submission. You may be contacted if more information is required, and the information you provide may be forwarded onto the target of your tip unless you specify otherwise.
- File a complaint with the Bureau of Internet and Technology (BIT)
The Bureau of Internet and Technology (BIT) accepts online complaints for potential entry into our mediation program. We offer this service to consumers if we believe that our intervention may assist in resolving the dispute. In addition, complaints involving the same company or a new issue assist us in allocating our law enforcement resources.
We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Please be prepared to provide the information below, as well as documentation of your complaint in electronic format (TXT, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PDF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIF, or TIFF only):
- Your name
- Your email and mailing address
- Your telephone number
- The name, address, telephone number, and web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you
- Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded
- Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint