Recent Significant State Land Acquisitions
- Addition to Shawangunk Ridge Trail/Long Path and Huckleberry Ridge State Forest
- Location : Town of Greenville and Deerpark, Orange County
- Size : 239± acres
- Description : Multiple parcels acquired as one transaction through the
New York-New Jersey Trail Conference, Inc., will enhance access to Huckleberry Ridge
State Forest and connect the Shawangunk Ridge Trail to this State Forest.
- Addition to Junius Ponds Unique Area
- Location : Town of Junius, Seneca County
- Size : 30± acres
- Description : Vacant land located on the north side of NYS Route 318
that contains unique biological resources in the form of rare plant and animal species.
The NY Natural Heritage Program considers this site one of the top three examples of
rich graminoid fen in the state.
- Addition to Albany Pine Bush Preserve
- Location : Town of Colonie, Albany County
- Size : 16 acres
- Description : The property is undeveloped land, located between
Curry Road & Kings Road, that will supplement the effort to preserve and manage rare
and endangered ecosystems associated with the pine barrens in Albany County.
- DEC Acquires Catskill Mountain and Shawangunk Ridge Lands
- The land, which
was acquired through the Environmental Protection Fund, includes 330 acres in the
Catskill Park and 140 acres along Shawangunk Ridge.