Environmental protection complaint form

  • Are you complaining about an emergency situation that involves a recent spill or dumping of hazardous chemicals?  Call the Department of Environmental Conservation’s (DEC) hotline at 1-800-457-7362 immediately.
Your information
(ex:12345 or 12345-1234)
(ex:999-999-9999 or 999-999-9999 x9999)
(ex:999-999-9999 or 999-999-9999 x9999)
Company or person you are complaining about
(ex:12345 or 12345-1234)
(ex:999-999-9999 or 999-999-9999 x9999)
Complaint details
What actions have you taken so far?
Have you complained to the company or individual?
If yes, provide the following details:
Has this matter been submitted to another agency or an attorney?
If yes, please provide name, address, phone, email, and submission date.
(ex:999-999-9999 or 999-999-9999 x9999)
Is court action pending?
If yes, please provide court venue and date.
Do you have any supporting documents?
If yes, please attach file(s).
Maximum 10 files.
100 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, psd, txt, rtf, html, odf, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, xml, avi, mov, mp3, mp4, ogg, wav, bz2, dmg, gz, jar, rar, sit, svg, tar, zip.
In filing this complaint, I understand that:
The Attorney General is not my private lawyer. The Attorney General is a public servant who protects the public from illegal or misleading practices. This complaint does not mean that the Attorney General will start a lawsuit for me.
The Attorney General cannot give me legal advice or represent me in court. If I have any questions about my legal rights or responsibilities, I should contact a private lawyer.
The Attorney General may send a copy of my complaint, and any documents I provide, to the person or organization I mention in my complaint. I give that person or organization permission to provide information about my complaint to the Attorney General.
The Attorney General may use information from my complaint to show that the law has been broken.
The Attorney General works with other government agencies at the state, local, and federal levels to investigate complaints and work with the police. The Attorney General may share my complaint with these agencies.
‎‏‏‎My complaint is true and accurate, as far as I know. Any false statements I have made in this complaint can be punished as a Class A misdemeanor (under Penal law Section 175.30 or Section 210.45, or both).
By signing or typing my full name below, I certify that the above complaint is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and that any documents attached are true and accurate copies of the originals.